Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gianna Commito


Flag, 2008, watercolor and casein on panel, 18" x 16"





Punch, 2008, watercolor and casein on panel, 14" x 11"






Tent, 2008, watercolor and casein on panel, 11" x 14"


On the occasion of her participation in Union Square at Taxter and Spengemann, I thought I would post some of Gianna Commito’s great new works. I’ll do a post of her older works and an interview in the not too distant future. The show opens this Thursday, July 10.

Commito has appeared here before for her participation in Perfect Strangers Daily Operation. She was also in a great group show last year at the Drawing Center.

Update: Union Square a Critic's Pick on Artforum.com

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 09, 2008

    These paintings are really great! I can't wait for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 09, 2008

    I second that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like these new works!

    ReplyDelete